Henley and Grange

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Australian heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Australia


State : South Australia
Incorporated into: Charles Sturt City

Arms (crest) of Henley and Grange
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on October 15, 1976.

In 1964, the Henley and Grange Council approached the College of Arms in London for permission to use the Coat of Arms, Seal, and Armorial Bearings awarded to the Sturt family. Captain Charles Sturt, the renowned explorer of inland Australia, had made his home in South Australia in the 1840's at 'The Grange'. It was not until he purchased 400 acres that any change was made to the area then known as Reedbeds. In 1976, the Arms, with some difference, were granted by Letters Patent to Council.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Image and background provided by Denis Towner.