|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, darin eine schwarze Hirschstange, in Blau zwei schräggekreuzte goldene Heuliecher.
The arms date from the late 15th or early 16th century and show two hay hooks, a canting element (Heu-haken). The chief shows the deer antler of Württemberg. The city had become part of Württemberg in 1350, but the chief was not added to the arms until the 17th century. The arms thus have never changed since.
The arms on an 1877 poster
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms on a medal (1970s ?, from eBay)
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.