|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
The arms were granted on August 4, 1818 and were confirmed on June 8, 1844.
The local council applied to the Dutch authorities to obtain the right to use these arms. However, no explanation was given. As no historical seals or arms were known for the village, the arms were granted. The arms show the local lock in the Dender river and the town's initial and were probably devised in 1813. After the Belgian independence in 1830 the arms were confirmed.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Servais, 1955