Le Perreux-sur-Marne

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Armorial du Monde
French heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of France
Armorial de France


Département : Val-de-Marne

Armoiries de Le Perreux-sur-Marne

Official blazon


The arms were granted on December 14, 1890 and slightly changed on May 14, 1891.

The first quarter shows a hunting horn and a chief with the Royal fleur-de-lis. The quarter symbolises the Royal hunting grounds in the area, which were used by the French Kings from 1370-1461. It also symbolises the death of King Charles V, who died in the area on September 16, 1380.

The crown in the second quarter symbolises Georges-Marie-Jérome Millin, appointed Baronet of Perroux in 1817. The stars are taken from the arms of his successor Baronet Beaufranchet de la Chapelle.The third quarter shows the viaduct, built over the Marne river in 1852.

The broken chain symbolises the creation of the municipality in 1887.

Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Image taken from La banque du blason( with permission), Information send by (g.ledoux@netcourrier.com)