Le Perreux-sur-Marne

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

LE PERREUX-SUR-MARNE

Département : Val-de-Marne

Blason de Le Perreux-sur-Marne/Arms (crest) of Le Perreux-sur-Marne
Official blazon
French blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on December 14, 1890 and slightly changed on May 14, 1891.

The first quarter shows a hunting horn and a chief with the Royal fleur-de-lis. The quarter symbolises the Royal hunting grounds in the area, which were used by the French Kings from 1370-1461. It also symbolises the death of King Charles V, who died in the area on September 16, 1380.

The crown in the second quarter symbolises Georges-Marie-Jérome Millin, appointed Baronet of Perroux in 1817. The stars are taken from the arms of his successor Baronet Beaufranchet de la Chapelle.The third quarter shows the viaduct, built over the Marne river in 1852.

The broken chain symbolises the creation of the municipality in 1887.


French heraldry portal



This page is part of the
France.jpg
French heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

French heraldry:

Overseas territories:



  • Total pages in the French section : 52,810
  • of which images : 30,690

Selected collector's items from France:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Image taken from La banque du blason( with permission), Information send by (g.ledoux@netcourrier.com)