|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldiek van de wereld
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
Van goud met de letter L van keel en met geruiten dwarsbalk van zilver en van keel van drij rijen over alles heen.
The arms were granted on January 14, 1902.
The arms show the chequered bar of the Counts of the Mark and a letter L, the town's initial.
When the council applied for arms in 1902 they had chosen for the arms of one of the former owners of the estate of Loenhout. The estate has been in the possession of many different families, among these the Counts of Aremberg, a branch of the Counts of the Mark. The family owned the estate in the late 15th century until 1610.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !
Literature : Servais, 1955