From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Antwerpen
Incorporated into : 1977 Wuustwezel

Wapen van Loenhout/Coat of arms (crest) of Loenhout

Official blazon

Van goud met de letter L van keel en met geruiten dwarsbalk van zilver en van keel van drij rijen over alles heen.


The arms were granted on January 14, 1902.

The arms show the chequered bar of the Counts of the Mark and a letter L, the town's initial.

When the council applied for arms in 1902 they had chosen for the arms of one of the former owners of the estate of Loenhout. The estate has been in the possession of many different families, among these the Counts of Aremberg, a branch of the Counts of the Mark. The family owned the estate in the late 15th century until 1610.

Wapen van/Blason de Loenhout

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 5,985
  • of which images : 4,784

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site