|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Tirol
District : Innsbruck-Land
The arms were granted on June 17, 1975.
The division of the arms is derived from the arms of Eberhard Pittel, mentioned as Lord of Mieders in 1344. The upper half shows some miner's tools as a symbol for the former silver mining in the area. The scales in the lower half are a symbol of justice, since 1824 the Stubaital court is hold in Mieders.
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995