|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
The area of the present Oberösterreich became part of Austria in the 13th century. In 1918 Oberösterreich became a separate State.
The arms were granted in 1930, but the oldest use of the arms date from 1390. The arms are probably derived from the arms of the Lords of Machland, who were very powerful in the area in the 13th and 14th centuries.
The arms as shown around 1475
The arms as used in the 16th century
The arms as used in the 19th century
Rate these arms / rate this page :
Literature : Gall, 1996