Oberdorf (Nidwalden)


OBERDORF

Canton : Nidwalden

Coat of arms (crest) of Oberdorf (Nidwalden)

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially adopted in 1901.

The division of the arms reflects the three villages in the municipality. The silver tower is taken from the arms of the medieval Knights of Büren and refers to the village of Büren. The middle part is taken from the arms of the Knights von Waltersberg and refers to their possessions in Niederrickenbach. The squirrel is taken from the arms of the medieval Knights von AA, who had possessions in Oberdorf village.

Wappen von/Blason de Oberdorf (Nidwalden)

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960

Literature :


Swiss heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Switzerland.jpg
Swiss heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Swiss civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 13,280
  • of which images : 6,864

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site