OEVEL

Province : Antwerpen
Incorporated into : 1977 Westerlo

Wapen van Oevel/Coat of arms (crest) of Oevel

Official blazon

  • (1819) Van lazuur, beladen met St. Michiel van goud.
  • (1839) Een blauw veld met het gulden beeld van Sint-Michaël.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on October 6, 1819 and confirmed on March 23, 1839.

The arms show Saint Michael, patron saint of the village, who was also shown on the old seal of the village. The arms were granted in the Dutch national colours in 1819, as the mayor did not provide colours on the application in 1813. The colours were nit changed after the Belgian independence of 1830.

Wapen van/Blason de Oevel

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,273
  • of which images : 5,062

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink  
Index of the site