|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on October 7, 1977.
The main design is taken from the old arms of Quierscheid (see below). The wheel is a wheel to haul peolple and coal from the coal mines, which were of great importance for the municipality. The black cross is taken from the old arms of the Lords von Saarbrücken, who owned some possessions in the village in medieval times.
The lighting rods in the new arms symbolise the Weiher III power station in the municipality. The wavy base symbolises the Fischbach river.
The old arms were granted on June 20, 1953.
These arms show on the cross two glass-blowers pipes, symbolising the glass factory that operated in the village between 1779 and 1914.
|Follow us on
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
|Support the site:
Click on the image to support the site !
|Support the site:|
Download shop with old heraldic books
Literature : Lehne and Kohler, 1981