Rhinow

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg


  • Total pages in the German section : 20,902
  • Total images in the German section : 36,186

RHINOW

State : Brandenburg
District (Kreis) : Havelland

Wappen von Rhinow

Official blazon

  • (de)

Origin/meaning

The arms first appeared on a stained glass window from 1580 in the city hall, but are most likely much older. Later seals all show the same composition. The saint is St. James (Jacobus), patron saint of the city. The small shield shows the arms of the Margraves of Brandenburg. The city wall indicates the fortified character of the city.

Seal of Rhinow

Seal from around 1900
Wappen von Rhinow

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Follow us on
Facebook.jpg Instagram.png
Please use #heraldryoftheworld
Mail.png
Contact us
Heraldry of the World is a private site,
all paid for by 1 person and
maintained by 3 persons as a hobby.
If you like this initiative, please, support the site:

Donate.jpg




Ebay.png
eBay shop
Payhip.jpg
Download shop

Literature : Benzig et al, 1985; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s