|Heraldry of the World |
|Polish heraldry portal|
Herbarz Miast Polskich
Slubice received city rights in 1945. The city was created from the parts of the city of Frankfurt an der Oder, which were on the Eastern site of the Oder river. The name is derived from the word for plums.
Until 1959 the city used the old arms of Frankfurt. In 1959 the first arms were granted. These arms show the Polish eagle and a rooster, taken from the old arms and name of Frankfurt, see below.
The current arms were officially adopted in 2006. The rooster remained as the main symbol, the poles refer to the border and the gate to the old city rights.
The arms as shown around 1970
The arms as shown in 1994