|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldik av verden
|Norwegian heraldry portal|
På blå grunn tre skråstilte gull sverd omgjevne av gull liljebord.
The arms were granted on June 26, 1987.
The arms are based on the arms of Lord Sigvat of Leirhol. He was named as one of the members of the delegation that followed King Håkon V Magnusson to Copenhagen in 1309. Later he became the local governor of Valdres and Hallingdal, Vang is part of the Valdres region. He played a major role in the development of the region and the arms can be seen on different places, among these the local church (probably from the 18th century). The arms are based on descriptions and images from historical rolls of arms.
|Follow us on
|Support the site:|
Click on the image to see how to support the site !