|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Tirol
District : Kufstein
The arms were officially granted on July 10, 1958.
The arms refer to a local legend. In ancient times there was a large lake and on the banks of the lake lived a dragon. One day the dragon was killed by a local famer and, in his agony, the dragon destroyed the local mountains. The rocks from the mountains filled the lake which emptied in the Inn valley. On the spot of the former lake the village of Wildschönau developed.
Literature : Köfler and Beimrohr, 1995; Image by Massimo Ghirardi