From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Neckar-Odenwald Kreis (until 1973 Buchen)
Incorporated into: 1975 Buchen

Wappen von Bödigheim/Arms (crest) of Bödigheim
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on ??

The arms show a tower on a hill, symbolising the local castle. On the base of the hill there is a small escutcheon with the arms of the Lords Rüdt von Collenberg (a silver dog with black collar).

In 1286 the Abbot of Amorbach (as the village and area was a possession of the Amorbach Abbey at the time) granted Lord Wiprecht Rüdt von Rüdenau the right to built a castle near Bödigheim. The different branches of the Rüdt family owned the castle until the 19th century.

The arms were probably granted in the middle of the 20th century. Until 1910 the local seal still showed the Rüdt arms with the letters BDH in the chief. In 1953 the arms were still shown with only the dog, but without the letters.

Wappen von Bödigheim/Coat of arms (crest) of Bödigheim

The seal used until 1910
Wappen von Bödigheim/Coat of arms (crest) of Bödigheim

The arms in a newspaper article, 1953

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Graf, 2009