Brighton Grammar School
|Heraldry of the World|
|Australian heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Australia
BRIGHTON GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Location : Brighton, Victoria
Arms : Per pale Gules and Azure. a Cross-crosslet fitchy throughout between two Escallops in base Or.
Crest : On a Wreath of the Colours, between a pair of Wings, a dexter Hand couped at the wrist with the index finger pointing to a Mullet all Or.
Motto: 'Meliora Sequamur'.
The arms were granted on July 25, 1960.
The Crest derives from the badge devised by Dr Crowther, founder of the original School, and by his Art master. When the school was incorporated after Dr Crowther's death in 1918, it was re-established on lands that had been granted to the Church of England by Henry Dendy and J. B. Were.
The escallops and the cross-crosslet are charges from Arms of families of Dendy and Were respectively.
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Low, 1971