From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Luxembourg heraldry portal
Héraldique de Luxembourg
Luxemburgische Wappen


Armoiries de Grosbous
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on December 1, 1982.

The main colours of the shield are taken from the Lords of Wiltz (gold, with a red chief), as the municipality historically was part of the Estate of Wiltz. The flowers are taken from the arms of Pierre Jolliot, who, in the middle of the 17th century acquired some land near Bous and started the construction of a castle. He later acquired the title Lord of Bous.

The lions are taken from the arms of the Valensart family, who, in 1715, acquired the castle and the village. Their arms showed three lions.

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Loutsch, J-C. et al.; Armorial communal du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Fisch, Luxembourg, 1989, 331 p.