|In gespaltenem Schild vorne in Silber auf grünem Boden eine grüne Tanne mit schwarzem Stamm, hinten in Rot ein nach links gewendeter silberner Bischofsstab.
The arms were granted on January 10, 1966.
The pine tree is derived from the arms of the County Hauenstein, to which the village historically belonged. The 19th century seal of the village showed the pine tree with the letters H and T.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
In 1911 the State Archives proposed new arms for the municipality with a small hut, a canting symbol. The municipality refused the proposal and used only a seal and no arms.
In 1964 the council applied for arms and the above arms were designed. The basilisk on the left half of the arms is derived from the arms of the State of <a href=zwi/kanton/basell|Basel]], as the village was ruled by the State of Basel from 1274 until the Reformation.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Huber, 1982