From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province: Pomorze Zachodnie
County: Kołobrzeg

Arms of Kołobrzeg
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The oldest seal of the city dates from the late 13th century, and shows a castle rising from a sea, in which two fish are swimming. In one of the gates a mitre can be seen. The city belonged to the Bishops of Kammin and the two next seals indicate this fact. The seals show a mitre above two crossed crosiers and in the base two waves, similar to the left half of the arms above.

In the next seal the two crosiers are replaced by a kind of hooks, and as supporters the St. Mary and St. John Baptist are used. Later seals show until the 19th century again the mitre, waves and crosiers. In the 19th century the two shields appear. The right half of the shield above indicates the importance of salt mining near the city. The upper part shows a block of salt and two salt hooks. The castle is derived from the oldest seals. The meaning or origin of the swans is not known.

Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms in a manuscript from 1514
Siegel von Kołobrzeg

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Seal of Kołobrzeg

Seal from around 1900
Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms in the Abadie albums
Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms as shown in 1963
Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms as shown in the 1970s
Arms of Kołobrzeg

The arms as shown in the 1990s

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Hupp, O : Königreich Preussen. Wappen der Städte, Flecken und Dörfer. Reprint von 1896 und 1898. Kulturstiftung der deutschen Vertriebenen, Bonn, 1993.