Country : Belgium
The arms were granted on April 3, 1849 and confirmed on December 9, 1980.
The arms of Kontich are a combination of a variation of the arms of the County of either Mechelen or Berthout (pales) and the arms of the family Franco y Feo.
Kontich was an Estate in the County of Mechelen in medieval times, and has had members of many families as Lords of the Manor. One of these families was the Berthout family who owned the estate from 1332-1410 and who use dthree red pales in gold. The last family who owned the estate was the Franco y Feo family, which originated from Portugal. They bought the estate in 1762 and ruled until 1793.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
The arms on a Abonné cigar band
Literature: Servais, 1955; Anonymous : Van evers en heiligen - wapens en vlaggen van de gemeenten in de provincie Antwerpen. Antwerpen, 1998.
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site