Country : Belgium
|Ecartelé, aux premier et quatrième, d'or à trois huchets de gueules virolés d'argent; aux dexième et troisième, de gueules à un écu d'argentet à l'escarboucle pommetée et fleuronnée d'or brochant sur le tout.
The arms were officially granted on January 6, 1898.
The arms combine the arms of the Counts of Horne (see Horn) and the Counts of Kleve. The estate and village of Loker became a possession of Diederik, Count of Hoorne in the early 15th century. As Diederik van Hoorne was the son of Ermegarde (Irmgard) of Kleve, the arms of Kleve were added in the second and third quarter. The family ruled the village until 1783, when it became a possession of the Von Salm-Kirbourg family through marriage. The only known seal of Loker from 1784 shows the three horns.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site