Country : Belgium
The first arms were granted on June 27, 1907 and renewed on March 10, 1987.
The first arms are quartered and show in the first and fourth quarter the arms of the Counts of Arenberg and in the second and third the arms of the Counts of the Mark.
In the early 15th century Willem van der Mark acquired the estate of Lummen. The Counts of Arenberg acquired the estate through marriage in the 18th century and remained in possession of Lummen until 1793. The oldest seals of the council date from 1447 and 1451 and both show a shield with the arms of the Counts of the Mark.
After the merger in 1977 the arms were changed. The third quarter was replaced by the old arms of Meldert. As Linkhout also used the Aremberg arms, there was no need for additional changes.
Literature: Servais, 1955; new image provided by Rudy Vanhorenbeeck, Belgium.
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site