Provincial Grand Lodge of Surrey
Institutional Heraldry of the World :
Per pale gules and quarterly azure and Or; dexter on a chevron between three castles argent a pair of compasses extended of the third; sinister a cross quarterly of the fourth and vert between, in the first quarter a lion rampant of the third, in the second an ox passant sable, in the third a man with hands elevated proper vested of the fifth the robe crimson lined with ermine, and in the fourth an eagle displayed also of the third; the whole within a bordure quarterly of the second and sixth charged with a representation of King Edgars crown in chief gold, two ostrich feathers erect in fesse argent and an oak sprig in base of the last. |}
The arms were officially granted on October 24, 1935. The Shield shows the arms of the United Grand Lodge of England, with a brodure in Black and Blue the Colours of the Surrey Arms. The Crown and Oakbranch are from the old Arms of Surrey.
|Heraldry of the World |
|British heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site