|*(1970) In Schwarz ein goldener Schräglinksbalken, begleitet oben von einem dreiblättrigen goldenen Eichenzweig und unten von einer goldenen Seilscheibe.
The arms were officially granted on April 20, 1977.
The main design is taken from the old arms of Riegelsberg (see below). The bar is a canting symbol for the Saartal, in which the municipality is situated. The canting element is that the mountain (black, Berg) is regulating (riegeln) the valley. The wheel is a symbol for the coal mines in the municipality. The three crosses in the arms are taken from the arms of Walpershofen.
The previous arms were granted on April 29, 1970.
The bend and wheel are the same as above, the oak branch is a symbol of the local forests and the three leaves symbolise the three villages that were united in 1939.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Lehne and Kohler, 1981