From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Niedersachsen
District (Kreis) : Nienburg
Additions : 1974 Bruchhagen, Deblinghausen, Düdinghausen, Sarninghausen, Sehnsen, Voigtei, Wellie

Wappen von Steyerberg/Arms (crest) of Steyerberg
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted in 1935 and are based on the 17th century seal of the town. The bear-claw is taken from the arms of the Counts of Hoya, which ruled the area and who built the local castle in 1275. The left part of the arms shows the letters S and T, which were a local symbol. Similarly, the letters were necessary to distinguish the arms from other arms with the Hoya claw, such as Syke, Sulingen, Stolzenau and Uchte.

As none of the municipalities incorporated into Steyerberg in 1974 used arms, the old arms were continued for the new town.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Ziegler, 1986