Trinity Cathedral, Easton, Maryland

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


TRINITY CATHEDRAL, EASTON

Denomination : Anglican

Official blazon

Argent, on achevron gules three ducal coronets Or, in base a cross patonce sable; a canton paly of the third and fourth with a bend counterchanged

Origin/meaning

The Three coronets symbolizes Trinity. The Canton shows the Clavert quarters of the Maryland Arms and alludes to the location. The Cross patonce are from the arms of Henry Champlin Lay first Bishop of Easton 1869-1885, and funder of Trinity. The arms was Designed by Colonel Harry D. Temple. Oddly enough the Diocese itself lacks a Coat of Arms.


Religious or Ecclesiastical heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Catholic heraldry


Other Christian churches


Other religions


  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 18,920
  • Total images in the Ecclesiastical section : 17,908

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature:

Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church