No 817 Squadron, FAA

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

NO 817 SQUADRON, FAA

History: First formed in 1941 at Royal Naval Air Station Crail (HMS Jackdaw), Fife, Scotland as a Torpedo-Spotter-Reconnaissance Squadron for HMS Furious. Reformed 1948at Royal Naval Air Station St Merryn (HMS Curlew), Cornwall as a Royal Australian Navy Squadron with Fairey Firefly for HMAS Sydney. See No 817 Squadron, Royal Australian Navy

Coat of arms (crest) of the No 817 Squadron, FAA
Official blazon
English Blue; a shark hauriant embowed proper pierced by an arrow red flighted gold in bend sinister.

Origin/meaning

The Badge was approved on 30 July 1952.

Literature: Image from picclick.com. Information from Admiralty Badges Encyclopaedia by T.P. Stopford.

Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Unitedkingdom-flag.gif

  • Overseas possessions
  • Total pages in the British section : 16,282
  • Total images in the British section : 3

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site