|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Sankt Johann im Pongau
The arms were officially granted on November 2, 1927.
The golden point is a canting symbol for the town. The eagle and crowns have been derived from the arms of the two main families that ruled the Goldegg estate, the Lords of Goldegg and the Graf von Schernberg family.
The arms by Widimsky, 1864
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985