|Heraldry of the World |
Heraldik av verden
|Norwegian heraldry portal|
Province : Aust-Agder
Additions : 1971 Fjære, Landvik
The arms were adopted in 1899 and are based on a seal known since 1847.The arms show a sailing ship as a symbol for the importance of fisheries to the city.
The arms by Ströhl in 1905.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1930
The arms at the municipal border (image by Jan-Erik Løken)
The arms on a municipal car (image by Jan-Erik Løken)