|In Silber der rote, in der Mitte silberne, unterhalb der Laterne von zwei Galerien umgebene Büsumer Leuchtturm; links daneben ein den Sockel des Leuchtturms mit dem Heck teilweise überdeckender, nach links fahrender blauer Büsumer Krabbenkutter ohne Segel und ohne Netze.
The arms were officially granted on September 9, 1991.
The arms show a lighthouse and a crab trawler, symbolising the local harbour and the importance of (shellfish) fishing for the local economy. The symbols were adopted in 1946 by the municipality on its seal, but it took until 1991 before the symbols were placed in a shield to form the present arms.
Until 1946 the city used arms with the local patron saint Sl. Clement, which was already seen on the local parish seal from 1281.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site