Bakar

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Croatia.jpg
Croatia heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Croatia
Hrvatska heraldika
Croatia-flag.gif

BAKAR

County : Primorje-Gorski Kotar County

Coat of arms (crest) of Bakar
Official blazon
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted in 1799 by Empress Maria Theresia and only modernised on June 24, 1994.

The arms in the upper part the flag and arms of Croatia, the three towers represent the city and the anchor its harbour.

According to Ströhl the historical seal of the city showed the local patron saint St. Andrew, holding a star and a cross. A second seal from 1681 should have shown the saint standing on a bridge, with his cross before him and holding a fish. Next to him the Madonna with Child were placed. The red shield sghown below was granted in 1778 with as supporters St. Margareth with the dragon and St. Andrew with the cross.


Bakar3.jpg

The arms by Ströhl (+/- 1900)
Bakar.hagyu.jpg

The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932

Literature:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site Image taken from http://zeljko-heimer-fame.from.hr (with permission); Ströhl, 1904