Diocese of Georgia

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

DIOCESE OF GEORGIA

Country : United States
Denomination : Anglican
Established : 1840
See city : Savannah

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Georgia

Official blazon

Azure on a bend engrailled cottised argent between two roses also argent, a boar's head couped in bend gules.

Origin/meaning

The Boar's head is from the arms of General James Oglethorpe who bought the Church of England to Georgia. The Bend is from the arms of the First Bishop of Georgia Rt.Rev. Stephen Elliott (1841-1866). The Roses alludes to the State Flower of Georgia the Cherokee Rose, thier numbers indicates the Episcopal Church Service during both the Union and Confederacy to Georgia.

Literature:


Religious or Ecclesiastical heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Catholic heraldry


Other Christian churches


Other religions


  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 18,920
  • Total images in the Ecclesiastical section : 17,908

US heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Usa.jpg
US heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Newyork.jpg

US heraldry:




  • Total pages in the US section : 20,611
Brooklyn-snyder.jpg

Ecclesiastical Heraldry of the USA:

Department of Defense.png

Military Heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site Eckford De Kay: Heraldry in the Episcopal Church; Michael Francis McCarthy: Armoria Sedium. Image from https://ecclesiasticalheraldry.weebly.com