Diocese of Trenton

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

DIOCESE OF TRENTON (Dioecesis Trentonensis)

Country : United States
Denomination : Roman Catholic

Established : 1881

Arms (crest) of Diocese of Trenton
Official blazon
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The golden heraldic cross moline signifies the mill which was built by Mahlon Stacy on the Delaware River in 1680. A village developed around the mill and in 1714, one William Trent bought the property surrounding the mill and the area became known as ¨Trentown´ or ´Trenton´. The superimposed silver moon is a symbol of the Blessed Virgin Mary, patroness of the diocese. The two shields colors blue and argent/white are also the colors of Mary.

Arms of Bishops

Arms of Auxiliary Bishops


Religious or Ecclesiastical heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Ceh.jpg
Ecclesiastical heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Catholic heraldry


Other Christian churches


Other religions


  • Total pages in the Ecclesiastical section : 18,920
  • Total images in the Ecclesiastical section : 17,908

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: diocesan website, Hans van Heijningen