Kamieniec Ząbkowicki

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

KAMIENIEC ZĄBKOWICKI

Province: Dolny Śląsk
County: Ząbkowice Śląskie

Arms (crest) of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially adopted on April 23, 2013.

The lion behind a fence is taken from the arms of the local Cistercian monastery. The monastery used complex arms, including the cistercian bend and symbols of its founder, as well as the lion behind a fence. The meaning of the lion and fence, however, is not known.

The left half shows the golden lion with billets from the arms of Orange-Nassau, the Dutch royal family. In 1830 Marianne van Oranje-Nassau inherited the estate formerly owned by the monastery. She was a daughter of the King of Prussia, to which the region belonged at the time. She improved the living conditions in the region and also built the local castle in the village.

The arms replaced older arms adopted in 1981. These arms showed the Polish eagle and the local castle.

Arms (crest) of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki

The arms from 1981

Literature:


Poland heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Poland.jpg
Poland heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Poland section : 8,105
  • of which images : 5,036

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site