Country : Belgium
|Dutch||Hemelsblaeuw koleur met bovendeel van wit koleur voerende eenen leeuw-luypaerd van zwart koleur, met tanden en tong van zulke koleur.|
The arms were granted on May 25, 1838.
The village and estate of Lembeke has been in the possession of many different families. The arms with the lion in the chief first appear as arms of the estate in the 15th century, when they appear as part of the arms of the ruler at the time. The arms first appear on the seals of the local council in 1693 and also on the later seal, dating from 1773. The arms as granted in 1838 differ only slightly from the 15th century arms, in that the filed of the chief is silver instead of gold, and the lion is completely black. In the old arms the lion was armed of red.
Wapen van/Blason de Lembeke]]
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site