|Gespalten. Vorn in Gold ein rotbewehrter, schwarzer halber Adler am Spalt, hinten in Silber ein mit dem Griff nach oben gestellter roter Rost.
The arms were granted on April 19, 1988.
The arms were probably originally granted when Lunden received city rights in 1529. These were retracted in 1559 and Lunden did not develop into a proper city. The arms are seen in a manuscript from 1592. The eagle is the Imperial eagle and was used by the free villages and cities of Dithmarschen to indicate that they were only subjected to the Emperor himself. Also the Wurtmann clan in the 16th century used a demi-eagle in their arms. With Peter Swyn and Peter Nanne the clan played a major role in the development into a city.
The grill is the symbol of St. Lawrence, the local patron saint.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site