Maszewo (Goleniów)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province: Pomorze Zachodnie
County: Goleniów

Coat of arms (crest) of Maszewo (Goleniów)
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms are a combination of a city gate and the lion of the Counts of Eberstein. The latter ruled the city in the 15th century. The arms first appear on a seal from the early 17th century, and have not changed until 1945.
Before 1600 the city used completely different compositions on its seals. The oldest seals, from the early 15th century, show a torso of a man, most likely a bishop of Kammin, as the city belonged to the diocese of Kammin and the bishops had granted the city rights. Around 1600 a seal was made, showing a pentagram as the only symbol, its meaning unknown

Coat of arms (crest) of Maszewo (Goleniów)

The seal from around 1900
Coat of arms (crest) of Maszewo (Goleniów)

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature: Plewako and Wanag, 1994

Poland heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Poland heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Poland section : 8,103
  • of which images : 5,036

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site