National Arms of San Marino
|Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of San Marino
NATIONAL ARMS OF SAN MARINO
D’azzurro, alla torre quadrata di rosso, merlata di tre pezzi alla ghibellina.
The arms were officially adopted on April 6, 1862.
The arms are from medieval origin and show the three historical fortresses on the Monte Titano. To emphasise the freedom of the city, the word Libertas (liberty) and the feathers were added. In 1862 the crown was a further addition to emphasise the sovereignty of the country.
The three towers on the Monte Titano
16th century seal of the Republic
The arms on a car license plate
The arms as seen in the city of San Marino
The arms on a coin from 1973
The arms on a coin from 2002
The arms on a Dutch trade card from around 1905
The arms on a German postcard from around 1910
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site