- (1818) van lazuur, beladen met een pioene plant staande op een terras alles van goud.
- (1847) D'azur, à une pivoine d'or sur un tertre de même.
- (1931) Van zilver met spitsgeruiten rechter schuinbalk van vijf stukken van keel.
The arms above were granted on February 28, 1931 and replaced the older arms shown below, which were granted on February 24, 1818 and again on February 16, 1847.
The arms were based on the 17th century seal of the village, showing the arms of the Maerselaar family. The family ruled the village from the 14th century until the early 18th century.
The old arms with the peony were applied for by the local council in the early 19th century, but had no historical significance. The meaning of the peony is not known.
The arms from 1818/1847
The colours were the Dutch national colours, as in 1813 the mayor applied without indicating the colours. The arms were thus granted in the national colours. When the arms were confirmed after the Belgian independence, the colours were not changed.
The old arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums
The new arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site