- (1819) Van lazuur beladen met den aartsengel Michael van goud.
- (1913) Een Sint-Michael den draak verpletterend, alles van goud, in een blauw veld.
The arms were officially granted on October 6, 1819 and again on July 30, 1913.
The arms show St. Michael, patron saint of the village and former estate. The seals from the (large) estate of Weelde from 1602-1668 all showed St. Michael and the dragon.
The colours are the Dutch national colours, as in 1813 the mayor applied without indicating the colours. The arms were thus granted in the national colours. When the arms were confirmed after the Belgian independence, the colours were not changed.
The 1819 grant did not show the saint as an angel, which was corrected in 1913.
The arms from 1819
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site