469th Flying Training Squadron, US Air Force

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

469TH FLYING TRAINING SQUADRON, US AIR FORCE

History: Constituted as 469 Bombardment Squadron (Heavy) on 9 Jul 1942. Activated on 15 Jul 1942. Inactivated on 1 Apr 1944. Consolidated (19 Sep 1985) with the 469 Tactical Fighter Squadron which was constituted as 469 Fighter-Interceptor Squadron on 10 Oct 1952. Activated on 1 Dec 1952. Inactivated on 8 Jan 1958. Redesignated as 469 Tactical Fighter Squadron, and activated on 13 Apr 1962. Organized on 8 Jul 1962. Inactivated on 31 Oct 1972. Consolidated squadron redesignated as 469 Tactical Fighter Training Squadron on 19 Sep 1985. Redesignated as 469 Flying Training Squadron on 25 Feb 2009. Activated on 10 Apr 2009.

Coat of arms (crest) of the 469th Flying Training Squadron, US Air Force
Official blazon
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The Emblem was approved in 13 April 2009.

Literature: Image from Wikimedia Commons. Information from https://www.afhra.af.mil/


US heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Usa.jpg
US heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Newyork.jpg

US heraldry:




  • Total pages in the US section : 20,010
Brooklyn-snyder.jpg

Ecclesiastical Heraldry of the USA:

Department of Defense.png

Military Heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site