From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Canton : Zug

Wappen von Unterägeri/Arms (crest) of Unterägeri

Official blazon


The ship is taken from the 18th century seal of the Ägeri valley, which showed two (sailing) ships. Unterägeri (and Oberägeri) became separate municipalities in 1789. For Unterägeri a single ship was chosen, in the colours of the Canton Zug (silver and blue). In the 19th century the arms only showed a ship, when the sailor was added is not known. It has been stated that it was the local patron saint (Petrus), but all known images show a normal person, not a saint.

Wappen von/Blason de Unterägeri

Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Wappen von/Blason de Unterägeri

Swiss heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Swiss heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Swiss civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Swiss section : 6,563
  • Total images in the Swiss section : 149

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Iten and Zumbach, 1974; Morosoli, 2017